vulnerability.

They say being vulnerable heals, so here's something I want to be vulnerable about...

As a growing Christian, I've struggled with perfectionism. The insatiable urge to want to get everything right. And I've fallen short a couple of times.

The one that almost wrecked me completely was falling into sexual immorality. Not sex, but the things around it. And you bet I felt disgusted with myself.

It made me feel unqualified. Far worse, the repercussions I faced for my shortcomings weren't funny at all. I'm not going to lie, it made me doubt God's love for me for a while. And honestly, sometimes I still doubt it.

I was afraid. I still am.

I want to run, yet I know I need to stay. Stay in the secret place with my Father, so my soul may find rest in Him.

So that's what I'm doing.

I no longer want to be bound by fear.

So Lord, I ask that You set me free from every guilt and fear and make me whole again.

Comments

  1. This is true, I'm currently struggling with perfectionism and being unduly drawn to people of the opposite sex.I feel guilty alot but I know that God loves me and I don't want to disappoint Him.
    Oh God please help your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely get you. Remember Romans 8:38-39❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the pain and joy of being a woman.

oh, to be the last child.

choose yourself too.